Monday, February 2, 2015

Monkey King: Havoc in Heaven

This is a cartoon movie that my wife used to watch when she was a little girl. It's a fun story about the Monkey King wreaking havoc with the heavens as all the Chinese Gods get jealous of his powers. They try and tame the monkey king only to have everything they do backfire. It's a fun film that is full of Chinese culture. The Chinese is pretty advanced, but I think people of all ages will like it. The animation is also top notch and there's good music.

Watch it at Amazon (click below). Free for prime members, otherwise rent or buy it.




2 comments:

  1. I watched this whole movie. I can't say it was one of my favorites. Definitely weird for me! But from the little I read, I think it's important for understanding Chinese culture. Kind of like watching Wizard of Oz if you want to understand Americans . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a funny but good compairson with the wizard of oz!

      Delete